iTunes, App Store, iBookstore, and Mac App Store

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies!

Ingredients: 2 1/2 cups Flour
                      1 tsp baking powder
                       Pinch of Salt 
                      1 cup or 2 sticks of butter
                      1 cup brown sugar
                      1/2 cup white sugar
                      2 eggs
                     1 1/4 tsp vanilla
                      1 whole package of milk chocolate chips
                      1/2 cup of uncooked oats ( I personally recommend 1/2 cup, but if you love the taste of oatmeal and cookies together, then add a whole cup!)

            Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl add flour, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl mix together the butter, brown sugar, and regular sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and then add in the chocolate chips and oats. Now when you're putting your cookies on the pan, you could use wax paper or  slightly greased sheet. I always usually use a table spoon or Ice cream scooper to take my batter from the bowl to the cookie sheet. Now bake for 12-14 mins.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, I know there may be some bakers out there (you know who you are...) that just throw everything in the bowl together and turn the blender on. Let me tell you no no no, this is not the way to go. The main thing to do is to blend the sugar and the butter together until it's fluffy. How will you know when it's fluffy? You'll know when it looks so good that you want to eat it like icing on the cake. Why is this important? Trust me I used to ask the same thing, but once I tried it, it made the cookies come out more moist and chewy for me. For cakes they become more fluffy, light, and moist. It was delicious, that's all I can say!

    ReplyDelete